Icon Alliance GT DC18 Helmet
In 2003 Icon broke away from the herd and started utilizing artists, for their finer skills, to customize their sport helmets. One of the earliest of Icon's game-changing helmet graphics, the Dixie Chick, was designed in association with Dark Horse Comics and produced in a limited run of one thousand lids. Brought back to life in the Alliance GT DC18 Helmet, the Dixie Chick gets an updated look without losing an ounce of the Icon flavor we know and love.
The Alliance GT adds a little bit of Top Gun to the classic Icon Alliance Helmet. Anyone who rides every day is familiar with the two-shield two-step. A dark shield to block the glaring sun of the morning commute is swapped out for clear shield on the way back. The Alliance GT kills this do-si-do with one fell swoop; rather one swipe to drop down a tinted inner sun shield. Beyond this clear (tinted) upgrade, the Alliance GT features all of the perks of the proven Alliance ranging from great ventilation coupled with a moisture wicking interior lining to a DOT / ECE safety rating.
Note: The Alliance GT has a fairly narrow internal shape. It is best for people who need more forehead room but conversely it is less suitable for people who need more room in the ear and temple area.
- Injection molded polycarbonate shell for strength and durability
- Includes Silver RST interchangeable internal DropShield
- Wind tunnel tested and refined
- Molded twin channel supervent for increased cooling
- Rear exhaust ports prevent heat buildup
- Removable molded breath deflector reduces shield fogging
- Chin venting system reduces shield fogging
- Fully removable/washable HydraDry interior
- Quick-change fog-free Proshield with side plates
- Prolock face shield locking system
- Long oval headform
- All world standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE), SAI AS1698 (Australia) and SG (Japan) safety and testing standards. Does not ship with SAI or SG certification stickers unless purchased from an authorized dealer in that country